Updates for the Week
News Around Lynnhaven
Lost & Found
Ladies Book Club
You and Your Computer
Useful Internet Links
(Right click on Webmaster
link to get email address)
— Include an
announcement, group activity, or feature article
— Report broken links or to correct information
— Report your changed
e-mail address or phone #
The following is a list of the Council's most notable services on behalf of Lynnhaven Neighbors
- The Council...
- Contracts for a regular meeting place and any special events.
- Helps plan monthly socials, special events, and entertainments.
- Supports monthly and special event volunteer committees, and
encourages diversity of activities.
- Collects annual dues, establishes a budget, and maintains member
- Maintains a treasury to ensure funding for socials, special events,
- Administers the budget and reimburses volunteers for approved out-of-pocket
- Administers 50/50 drawings to help replenish the treasury.
- Establishes guidelines and policies when needed.
- Provides easy-to-read member name tags at socials.
- Recommends and passes along suggestions for events and
- Arranges and negotiates for all entertainment and food
Neighbors came to the rescue to fund the Lynnhaven website when
Comcast discontinued websites to its customers (Lynnhaven's webmaster). A
new website host was found and
Neighbors paid for the hosting service and new domain (new website
http://lynnhavenvillage.org/index.htm) as a service to the community.
Resident and former Council member continues to volunteer and maintain the
Lynnhaven Village website, put out e-mails about and report on Lynnhaven and
other events, submit announcements to be posted on the Lynnhaven mail
station Bulletin Board, and send out the
to new or renewing Lynnhaven Neighbors members.
- A resident and former Council member has consented to continue volunteering his expertise and time to assist
Lynnhaven Neighbors with their computer
problems — for FREE (see
Service for Lynnhaven Neighbors Members).
Back to Top of Page