Updates for the Week
News Around Lynnhaven
Lost & Found
Ladies Book Club
Useful Internet Links
You and Your Computer
(Right click on Webmaster
link to get email address)
— Include an
announcement, group activity, or feature article
— Report broken links or to correct information
— Report your changed
e-mail address or phone #
Lynnhaven Pool Refurbished
Thanks to Marion & Irv
Getzes for getting the Lynnhaven pool refurbished.
I'm happy to say that our efforts
to get the Lynnhaven Pool refurbished will be realized, hopefully, this
I have been
working with the "powers that be" to get all this work done, and I think
the message has finally gotten through. Roy Keen from Property
Management called me and went over all the scheduled work.
I guess all the pictures Irv and I took, and all the emails that I sent, paid
off for all of us.This is my letter to the gentleman who contacted me with all
the updates. See my reply to his call below.
Cc: John.Rohan@districtgov.org, Fred.Lonergan@districtgov.org,
Sent: 7/19/2019 6:55:39 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: Lynnhaven Pool - Marion Getzes - Thank you all from all of us in
Thank you so much for calling me with
an update on the work scheduled for the
appreciate all the efforts that
have been made by the Recreation staff and
Property Management to ensure that our pool is a
beautiful neighborhood show piece again.
We love our neighborhood and the pool is a vital part of it. So many of our friendships have been made
These are the notes that I wrote while we talked. I think I got
- Take gate out and repaint. This work has already been started.
- Rest of the gate area sanded and refinished.
- Trash cans repaired and repainted.
- Spray the outside area of the pool for ants - can't put spray in the
pool area as people go barefoot.
Beginning of October,
the pool will be closed for 2 to 3 weeks for:
- Pool drained. Sanding and apply new Marcite interior finish and new glass tiles.
(Last time this was done was 11 years ago.)
- Pavers replaced or turned over.
- All 3 bathroom and storage doors replaced with fiberglass doors.
- Replace floor tile in the bathrooms.
- New sinks and faucets, and new, higher toilets.
- Lights replaced or repainted, depending on their condition.
- Building and bathrooms and all pillars, etc. repainted and repaired, if necessary.
- Fix broken lattice over far-end of the pool.
- Replace fans, if needed.
Please make sure
that the bottom pool step has a dark strip on
the edge. As it is now, people miss the step and
Again, thank you all for your combined efforts
with these matters. We look forward to the
refurbished pool early this fall.
On behalf of all the residents of Lynnhaven,
on link for email address)
726 Bellerose Trail
The Villages, FL 32162
Thank you, Marion, for coming through for your fellow Lynnhaven